This is a great meatless option that is universally beloved among our children and grandchildren.
2 small onions
4 garlic cloves
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/ 3 cups dry lentils (green or black)
tablespoons taco seasoning
3 1/3 cups chicken broth
medium sweet potatoes
cups cherry tomatoes
1 big bunch cilantro
2 teaspoons honey
3 cups feta cheese
1 1/ 3 cups of your favorite salsa
Corn tortillas, flour tortillas, or hard taco shells
1. Finely chop up onions and garlic.
2. Heat oil in a pot and cook onions and garlic for five
minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add lentils and 2 tablespoons taco seasoning. Cook and
stir for 1 minute.
4. Add chicken broth, bring to a boil, then reduce heat to
low, cover, and simmer for about 30 minutes (or until
lentils are tender).
5. While the lentils are cooking, chop up the sweet potatoes
(leave the skin on) and mix them with a splash of olive oil
and the remaining tablespoon of taco seasoning. Spread
evenly on a baking sheet and roast in the oven at
400 degrees F (204 degrees C) for about 20 minutes or until
they are slightly browned.
6. Meanwhile, cut cherry tomatoes in fourths and chop the
cilantro. Combine these in a bowl and drizzle with juice
from the lime and the honey. Mix to combine.
7. Open, pit, and slice up avocados and place in a separate
bowl. Crumble feta cheese into another bowl.
8. When lentils are cooked, stir in the salsa.
9. To serve, pile lentil mix,sweet potatoes, tomato/cilantro
mix, avocado, and cheese (as desired!) into a tortilla or
Post a Comment