Here's a family's favorite lasagna recipe. It's pretty quick to make (you use noodles that don't need to be boiled, and it's healthier than many other lasagna recipes, as it uses less cheese but still feels decadent). The sausage adds a lot of great flavor and makes this different than your average lasagna! Perfect for a hearty big-family dinner.
1 1/ 2 pounds italian-seasoned ground turkey or regular mild italian
sausage (or you can slice up chicken italian sausage links)
1 onion, chopped
2 jars of your favorite tomato pasta sauce
1 24-ounce package low-fat,small-curd cottage cheese
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 12-ounce box of oven-ready lasagna noodles
2 cups finely shredded mozzarella or italian blend cheese
Optional: thinly sliced zucchini coinsfrom 3-4 small zucchini
1. In a large skillet, brown sausage with onion. Then add in 1
jar of tomato sauce.
2. While the meat is cooking, mix cottage cheese with eggs,
parmesan cheese, and oregano in a mixing bowl.
3. Spread 1 cup of red sauce on the bottom of a 9x13-inch
pan. Arrange oven-ready uncooked lasagna noodles on
top of pasta sauce in the bottom of the pan. Spread half of
the cottage cheese mixture over the noodles.
4. Sprinkle 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese on top of the
cottage cheese layer. Spread half of the meat-and-sauce
mixture on that (then a layer of sliced zucchini if you
like). Put on another layer oflasagna noodles on top.
5. Repeat with the other half of the cottage cheese mixture,
another 1/2 cup of shredded cheese, and the rest of the
sauce and meat from the skillet (then another optional
layer of sliced zucchini).
6. Do a final layer or noodles and spread the second jar of
sauce on top of the noodles.
7. Finally, spread the last cup of shredded cheese on top. 8. Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 40 minutes,
covered with foil. Take off foil and cook for about 15