This recipe is a family favorite from a church cookbook, and it's super easy, which is good when you're in a hurry or feeding a lot of people!
3/ 4 cup honey
10 tablespoons lime juice
tablespoons chili powder
6 large chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (even easier: use one
bag ofrotisserie chicken already cooked and shredded from Costco)
16 flour tortillas
5-6 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, monterey jack, or a Mexican
2 12-ounce cans green enchilada sauce
Sour cream and/or other desired Mexican toppings (avocado, salsa,
1. In a bowl, mix up the honey, lime juice, and chili powder to
make a marinade, and then combine it with the cooked
2. Let the chicken soak in the marinade in the fridge at least an
hour and up to 8-10 hours.
3. Fill tortillas with shredded cheese and equal portions of the
4. Spread a layer of green enchilada sauce in the bottom of 2
9x13-inch pans (sprayed with cooking spray).
5. Roll up those tortillas nice and tight and place them
open-tortilla-flap down in the pan.
6. Spread another layer of enchilada sauce over the top.
7. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
8. Bake at 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) for 30 minutes.
9. Serve with sour cream or other desired toppings.