We love to whip up these no-bake cookies when we are gathered as a large group. They are quick and easy and so very delicious!
2 cups sugar
1/ 4-1/2 cup cocoa (depending on your preference of chocolatey- ness!)
1/2 cup milk
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 cups oats
1. Combine sugar, cocoa, milk, and butter in a saucepan over medium heat, mixing as butter melts and all ingre dients come together to a boil.
2. As soon as the mixture begins boiling, turn down heat to low and let simmer for exactly 4 minutes. The timing is really important-if you boil too long, you'll have really dry, crumbly cookies, and if you boil for not long enough, they'll turn into a goopy mess.
3. As soon as the 4 minutes are up, take the saucepan off all heat and add the vanilla and the oats. Mix together well.
4. Drop by heaping spoonfuls onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper or tinfoil.
5. Let cookies sit for about 30 minutes in the fridge, and then enjoy after they have completely set.