1/3 cup olive oil
6 onions, chopped
1/2 cup minced garlic
6 6-ounce cans tomato paste
1/3 cup chili powder
1/3 cup cumin
2 tablespoons oregano
12 15.5-ounce cans black beans, rinsed and drained (1.5 kilo grams dry beans)
1.5 gallons vegetable stock
6 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized chunks
Salt and pepper to taste
6 cups quinoa
Avocado, cilantro for garnish (optional)
1. Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add onions and cook until soft and brown. Add garlic and cook for about 2 minutes.
2. Add tomato paste and spices and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
3. Add beans, stock, and potatoes and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 5 minutes, then add the quinoa.
4. Continue cooking for about 15-30 minutes, stirring frequently, until quinoa and potatoes are cooked and the chili has thickened.
5. Add a bit of water if the chili becomes too thick for your liking.
6. Top with avocado and chopped cilantro.