This recipe is great for a family breakfast or brunch, or a wedding or baby shower. I've provided a couple of variations, but you really can add a whole host of different ingredients to make it your own according to the tastes of your family!
4 1/2 cups milk
1 1/2 cups Bisquick
1 1/2 cubes (3/4 cup) melted butter
1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder (if you like garlic)
2-3 cups shredded cheese (swiss, mozzarella, cheddar-your choice)
5-6 chopped green onions (white part and green part) or 1 large
sweet onion, chopped
3-5 chopped roma tomatoes
1. Mix milk, eggs, pancake mix, butter, salt, and pepper in a
large blender. You can mix in a bowl and use a handheld
egg beater if you don't have a large blender jar.
2. Spread your choice of cheese and other ingredients in a
greased 9x13-inch baking dish. Pour mixture from
blender over the top.
3. Cook at 325 degrees F (163 degrees C) for about 1 hour
and 15 minutes (until middle is pretty much set and top is
• For Italian style, use mozzarella cheese and add 10 leaves
chopped fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil or italian
seasoning. You can also add 1/2 cup cooked chopped
spinach (fresh or frozen) and/or 1 cup chopped mushrooms,
if you like.
• For American style, use swiss or cheddar/monterey jack
cheese and add 1-2 cups cubed ham, crumbled bacon, or
sausage plus 1-2 cups chopped broccoli and/or 1 cup
chopped mushrooms, if you like.